Mr. Simon reminds me so much of my uncle Chui. All his 90′s jokes and how he hates when someone takes the last bite of any kind of food from his fridge, makes you feel he’s like the cool uncle everyone wants to have. This guy plays the guitar, congas, drums, maracas, piano, sax, trumpet, harmonica, didgeridoo, etc. A friend told me that he used to play the Dhimay for a band in Nepal (not 100% sure about this)
Simon has something in his eyes that makes you feel that everything is going to be alright. BIG heart. Humble man, full of good vibes and happiness.
1) Name: Simon Villegas
2) Occupation: Tough question… A warrior?
3) Hometown: Caracas city
4) 3 things surf makes you feel: Challenged, focused, released
5) any pets?: Many
6) One wave: one that makes the session
7) One beach: Cuyagua
8 ) One injury: Broken shoulder
9) Fav board: 5’10 19” 2′ 3/8 round pin
10) Fav quote: the cheapest one
11) A city: Gold Coast city
12) A person: my best teacher, my wife
13) A song: “Keep your head up”, Ben Howard
Photographer: the super cool Victoria Aguirre / Design: Sinai Mejias (me)